Monday, March 31, 2008

Show & Tell

this was the scene when David Wright came to bat in the fourth inning today:



(Mets 3, Marlins 0, bases loaded, two outs, top of the fourth)

and here is the commentary from your SNY broadcast team:

Darling
: I just find it very interesting that--I'm not criticizing the manager-- well, I guess I am-- for not having a right-handed pitcher ready for David Wright. I think that's something that could reeeealy backfire.

two minutes, two balls and two strikes later...

Cohen: It's a three-run double for David Wright, and the Mets have a 6-0 lead!

Hernandez: If you're a Mets fan, thank you very much to Freddy Gonzales for not having a right-hander ready for David!


for visual reinforcement, here's what happens when you don't have a righty ready for Wright in this situation:


(Mets 6, Marlins 0, one on, two out, still top of the fourth)


Lesson learned, opposing managers?

No comments: