Monday, February 18, 2008

full camp

most of the Mets starters (all except Moises Alou and Luis Castillo, I believe) have already turned up in Pt. St. Lucie, but tomorrow's the day that everyone is due. Full-team workouts are planned for Wednesday.

Carlos Delgado reported to camp today, and looks fabulous. He's in better shape than he was at any point last season, and I'm holding strong to my feeling that last year was his first-child year, well documented as one in which ballplayers often play badly.

I've never cared about or paid attention to spring training like this before. Is it only because we're going to Florida next month, or because my fandom has increased so much over the last three years that any baseball is better than none? Hard to say, and in truth, I really don't care. Spring is coming, and I'm a happy fan.

No comments: