Monday, February 11, 2008

a new start

I should add some posts about the end of the last season. I should do it just because I was there at the fateful game, I have pictures of it, and I wanted this to be a chronicle for the whole season. When it ended so disappointingly, I fell off the blogging wagon. I may still do it, but I'm not making any promises.

But a new season approaches, and it's time to start over. And not just because Johan Santana will be pitching for the Mets for the forseeable future (though I sort of have to pinch myself every day to believe it's true), or because pitchers and catchers report on Thursday. Right now, I'm most excited for our first family trip to Spring Training. M, V, JRG, SJGG and I are going down to Florida at the end of March, and over four days will see three games, two at Tradition Field (the home field for the Mets for spring training, in Port St. Lucie) and one in Fort Lauderdale, against Baltimore, conveniently being played in the afternoon so that we can catch the game and still fly home that night.

We're all beside ourselves with excitement about this trip, which will only snowball as we come closer to the date we leave, what with the pitchers and catchers reporting on Thursday. Did I mention that?

No comments: