Friday, June 29, 2007

auspicious beginnings

apparently Cole Hamels, Philadelphia's young ace (9-3 coming into today's game, with the 2nd most strikeouts in the NL) wanted to be matched up with John Maine during this series between the Phillies and the Mets. until tonight, his walks-to-strikeouts ratio was something ridiculous like 23-101 (I'm only a couple numbers off in either direction-- but I was mashing the potatoes when Howie Rose gave the numbers, and I may not be remembering 100% correctly), and young Cole hadn't given up more than one walk in a game all year. tonight, he's given up four. he's pitched three innings.

this, along with the Mets win in the first game of today's double header, is an auspicious start to what I hope will be a productive weekend for This Fan-- I've got a lot to update here!

No comments: