Saturday, June 23, 2007

a good Italian temper

I found it hard to watch Paulie lose his temper at the Ump tonight. He totally lost it when he got thrown out of the game, and for a minute there I was honestly afraid that he was going to take a swing at someone-- anyone, really, who got in his way. I think of Paul as the center of the team, and it was hard to watch that center lose control and throw his equipment onto the field.

in the end, though, I think I misunderstood what was going on. Paul has been really frustrated with his team's and his own play in the last couple of weeks, and though things were looking up, he was set off. his teammates were more amused than anything else by LoDuca's antics, and I'll take my cue from them. I'm nervous that he'll be suspended for the knee-pad flinging, and I'm sure I'm not the only one, but at least one guy isn't all that concerned. According to MLB.com, "when it comes to the threat of suspension, though, Lo Duca doesn't seem to be worried. "For what?" he said."

No comments: