Saturday, September 8, 2007

Paulie Wins

because my living room was being painted as the Mets beat the Astros this afternoon, I watched the game at my mother-in-law's apartment. because I'd inhaled much more dust than my poor immune system can handle in preparation for the painting, I took some benadryl before the game began, and passed out for most of Glavine's command performance.

I was awake for the last inning, though, and for the post-game interviews on SNY. Paul LoDuca had a nice conversation with Kevin Burkhardt about catching Glavine and his RBI-double, and when they were done Burkhardt asked Paul if he had anything else to add.



Paulie turned to the camera and with this face said "Rock on, New York!!" he won a bet in the clubhouse for doing that, and I'd kill to know what the terms of the wager were. Sadly, my mother-in-law doesn't have DVR, so I couldn't rewind and catch the whole moment, but it was hilarious.

No comments: