Thursday, September 6, 2007

what a difference a week makes

the Mets left Philadelphia in a sorry state, having been swept by the Phils, their lead cut to only two. they came back to New York last night having had a 5-5 road trip, having swept the Braves at the Ted, having seen Pedro Martinez get an win in his first major league trip to the mound in almost a year, and with their lead back to five.

I like having the lead back, but I also like the fact that this is a pennant race. I hope we're able to bring the momentum back home to Shea (and that it wasn't all lost in that last game in Cincinnati, either), I hope we're able to embarrass the Phillies when they come back to New York next week, and I hope that Carlos Delgado's hip gets better very, very quickly. But I also hope that it's a little while before the Mets clinch the division-- just to keep it fun.

No comments: