Thursday, March 19, 2009

That's Our David

this article, from Marty Noble, nearly made me cry.

I'm in the middle of a post about the USA-Puerto Rico game, but I didn't want to delay in expressing how awesome, in the classic sense of the word, it was to see David Wright hit the walk-off single for the USA on Tuesday night. It had never occurred to me that I'd want to root for team USA; I'm far to into Latin baseball to have considered it, really. But that was David Wright, and he's playing 81 games in Queens this year. He's ours... and he was the hero. There was a dog-pile of major-leaguers on the field on top of Wright in March. It was the sort of sight that makes a baseball fan, and a Mets fan, feel all kinds of things we're not used to feeling in March.

I loved every second of it.

No comments: