Monday, April 9, 2007

crowd control issues

I noticed as I was leaving the stadium that the density of people on the bridge to the subway seemed thicker than normal. Since I was going to the LIRR, I crossed the street before heading up to the boardwalk that leads to the train tracks and tennis center. Once I got close to the stairs, I saw the problem-- the two staircases on the stadium side of the street were blocked off, forcing everyone who hadn't gone over the bridge to the subway and every LIRR patron to crowd through one staircase.

It was a mob scene reminiscent of the front of the audience at Roseland shows in high school.



I was worried someone would get hurt in the shuffle.



I've been going to Shea for more than two decades, and I've never seen a lineup like that for the bathroom, much less for the train.

No comments: