Saturday, April 21, 2007

simple logic

Game 15: Braves 7, Mets 3
10-5 for the season

It actually seems rather straightforward, like every if X, then Y statement: so far, if I don't watch the game, then the Mets lose. or, in FL notation:
Didn't Watch the Game --> Mets Lost
and, it's contrapositive, Mets Won --> Watched the game

Happily, this seems to hold true whether I watch the game live, on DVR, on TV or in the park. Note that my watching the game does not guarantee that the Mets will win. I've seen two of the losses, so the converse statement (Mets Lost--> Didn't Watch the Game) does not hold true. Interesting It'll be just my logic geek kind of fun to see how long this streak lasts.

A few other true statements for the season so far, from someone who's obviously spent too much time with the LSAT in recent years:

Ask JAF for the final score of the Mets game --> Mets lost
Attend game at Shea --> Mets win
Warm Weather --> Mets play better

I didn't watch this game, and the Mets lost. Nothing more to say about it than that.

(edited because upon re-reading, I realized my logic was wrong! very embarrassed...)

No comments: