Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Gogle Analytics, This Fan's Goals


though the analytics program that blogger uses can tell me a lot abut the overall trends of where people who visit this site are visiting from, and how they found themselves here. since it doesn't get any more specific than the cities from which folks visit (and how many from each place), it's fun to play the game of "who is that visitor from a place where I don't know a lot of people?" in my head. Some of them I'm pretty sure about (Danny in Ft. Lauderdale, SJ and Trevor in St. Paul, Tommy in LA, Sophie in Melbourne, probably Cierin in Louisville and Rica in Wilmington... though do correct me if I'm wrong!) but the ones I really love are the hits from places where I know no one, where people don't generally consider baseball a national pastime. Two summers ago, when I blogged as regularly as I plan to this season, I ended up with hits from all over the globe, which was both gratifying and exciting and frankly somewhat mystifying. This seems to be starting again--today, there were two hits from Hyderabad, in the central south of India. This is among the most interesting and exciting parts of blogging for me; seeing where the randomest of hits have come from, how long those folks have stayed on the site, trying to imagine (beyond what analytics can tell me) what brought them to an American girl's baseball-lover website. The world is a vast and interesting place, huh?

My goal for this blog this year is to have people comment more. I love comments! I love responding to comments! I love knowing what you think about what I have to say! So leave comments, people!

No comments: