Friday, February 27, 2009

scoring

thanks to the magic of the Digital Video Recorder, I got to see all of today's game in Florida, and was in the mood for experimentation. So I looked all over the web for scorecard templates, finding most of them woefully inadequate for my scoring needs. I ended up with a Word template, which actually worked just fine, until the Mets started hitting in the second inning. I tried, but it just took too long to record the plays in Word the way I want to record the plays.

So I went back to my old standby, the legal pad, which never fails me. But by the 6th inning, it became your basic spring training game, with so many substitutions that I stopped scoring and just started watching. Which was pretty awesome, too.

Unfortunately, my camera is broken, but I'll add pictures both of the Word scorecard and the legal pad scorecard ASAP.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

last time i tried to score a game was 20 years ago ... it's probably the part of my game that's lacking the most and i'd love to learn to do it again ... at a game, on a scorecard, in a program, just like it was meant to be done !

Z said...

It's a date, my friend. scoring is a HUGE part of my baseball life, and I'd be thrilled to re-teach you. a warning, though-- my system is heavily influenced by my family, and isn't quite the same as the average scoring system.