Tuesday, February 10, 2009

True Love


I've always hated Valentine's day, even when I've been coupled; it felt so artificial, like it was for amateurs who couldn't pull off being romantic an any particular day of the year, so they focused so much energy on this silly Hallmark Holiday. So, I generally ignore the holiday, and love my friend D's husband's response when asked by his sister how they'd be spending the V day: "We're boycotting it. We're in solidarity with the single people."

All those caveats rendered, I couldn't resist this new offering from the awesome folks who brought you the fabulous and endlessly entertaining omanicon me. Because that's the beauty of fandom; if you're really in it, you're in it when times are bad as well as when times are good, and being around your team brings out the endorphins like little else. So there's an argument to be made that baseball is one of the True Loves of my life.

No comments: