Sunday, February 8, 2009

Trader Joe's loves the Mets

The Trader Joe's that Alexis and I go to was clearly designed by a big Mets fan. Here are the three references I found:



the home run apple on what looks a bit like Citi Field.



a family hanging out in the park, with Mets cap.



The theme is just too obvious on this one to say anything.

When we got to the checkout, I was told that there were actually FIVE Mets references in the store... so on our next trip, I'm on a mission to find the other two.

5 comments:

aussiealexis said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
aussiealexis said...

ppppppleasse make a promise to me that we will go do this together, even if our fridge is full and our sole intention is to find them

Z said...

what, like I'd go alone?! Of course!!!

Anonymous said...

is this the one in middle village? has to be. we've seen the mets hat on the kid in the park but i have NOT noticed the other two, nor any others!

i'm surprised they let you take photos in the store. TJ's has a corporate policy of no photos allowed. nicely done

Z said...

Really?! I took those last two pictures *while* discussing the various Mets references with the check-out guy. He obviously didn't get the "no photos" memo, but I'm even more psyched about them now that I know they're taboo!

I'm pretty sure it was Middle Village, but not 100%... I wasn't driving.