Thursday, February 26, 2009

Mets Baseball! On Television!

They've got the full broadcast team working today's spring training game, and I am loving every second. So much, it's inspired me to clean the living room, just to stay in earshot of the game.

I'd jump up and down and squeal with excitement, but not only wouldn't that translate to the blog, I'm a little embarrassed by how thrilled I am to be watching baseball, even exhibition games.

Its 6-0 Mets against Florida, and Nelson Figeroa just threw a 1-2-3 inning to end the 6th which is always a good thing. I also notice that Delgado is playing first (and just hit a nice double), and that Reyes is in the game (not just in the game, he just hit his second home run of the game), as are Wright and Beltran (who just hit his second homer of the day). This must be because these are the guys who are going to play in the WBC, and Jerry Manuel wants to send them off in as best shape as possible.

Have I mentioned recently that I love Manuel?

P.S. We won on a three-hit shutout. I'm a happy girl.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always loved watching spring training on TV growing up ... a chance to see rookies for the first time, older stars making their last comeback attempt, traded players in their new uniform ... and it's such a time of hope and promise.

Z said...

Hope and promise... that's what this time of year is all about.