Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Opening Day in the Grapefruit League

I've written before about how little I pay attention to spring training games; they mean so little for the season that it hardly seems worth caring about. Never the less, these are exactly the headlines a Mets fan wants to see after the first exhibition game:

Church, Castillo start spring on right note
Ryan Church shines in Mets's spring win
Castillo, Church thrill their skipper with strong performances

Why? Church and Castillo are x-factors on the team's success this year, so even though this game means nothing, it's great to see that those men performed in a way that will impress their manager, and their GM. Let's keep our fingers crossed for more of the same.

My Maine Man also pitched well today, and just because I love him so much, here's some video of John talking about coming back from surgery and his performance today.

I'm just annoyed that I missed watching the game while sitting in the doctors office for EVER today. SNY seems not to be re-playing it tonight, which also annoys me. I've take precautions, though-- tomorrow's game is set to record on DVR.

picture and links via Mets/MLB.com and NYPost.com

No comments: