Monday, May 14, 2007

April is Over

Game 35: Brewers 12, Mets 3
22-13 for the season

LHJ and I went to today's game, and witnessed the Mets ravaged by the Brewers. A week ago, I would probably have been devastated. but it's not April anymore, and so every win and every loss doesn't have the same effect that it did even a week ag0; I am better able to recognize that the best teams have awful days, and the worst teams have great days (not that the Brewers are among the worst-- they're not), and getting worked up over any win or any loss in the regular season is a fool's game. we're all allowed to be fools in April, but once May comes, we need to wizen up.



ouch, ouch, and more ouch. I can't say I'm sad that Pelfrey was on his way back to New Orleans after this game.



ineffective offense will screw a team every time.

in happier news, I made a prediction that turned out to be right-- Jose Reyes had no more hair on Saturday. it didn't help him hit, but I'm happy to report that he is still adorable.

No comments: