Wednesday, May 9, 2007

the littlest Mets fan and her blanket

V and M's daughter, JRG, is the most beautiful baby in 17 years.

her dad and I used to watch the final game of the '86 World Series over and over back in the days when his family had a VCR and mine did not, and have very similar preferences when it comes to baseball-- we even met up completely by chance at Shea once, because we'd both bought seats in our family's favorite place in the park, and naturally that meant we were four seats away from each other.

I've been spending a bunch of time out at V and M's place since JRG was born, and it's been lovely for a million different reasons, but not least because I've had a chance to discuss the team's progress with M so often this season.



that's me holding the 6-week old baby on Tuesday. my mom made that blanket for her-- note the subtle Mets-colors theme; it's primarily blue, orange and white, with pink highlights. its a gorgeous blanket for a gorgeous baby!

No comments: