Wednesday, May 16, 2007

I enjoy being a girl

I don't remember a time in my life when I particularly wished to be a boy.

in fact, tonight may be the first time.

if I were male, I would probably feel totally comfortable being in a mostly empty stadium with a bunch of people who were drinking through the three hour rain delay. I'd probably feel completely comfortable walking back from the stadium to the LIRR track alone at 1 am in an unusually small crowd if I weren't a relatively small and relatively defenseless woman. and so if I were a man, I would probably have hopped in my car the second I saw at 10:02 that they were going to start playing the game at 10:15, and be watching the game at Shea right now, rather than on my couch writing about it.

I'll be over it soon... but it might be easier if it didn't look so much like it would be a lot of fun to be there right now, watching the top of the 7th at midnight in a game with only three base runners thus far.

No comments: