Monday, May 7, 2007

West Coast swing

time feels different when you're actively involved with a ball club (even if the involvement is solely in your head, as a fan). While they're at home, the afternoon and evening game start times become markers for the rest of your evening; how much of the game will you be able to see? how much will you listen to on the radio? on the internet? how much will you miss entirely?

my work schedule means that I miss a whole lot of a lot of games, but when the team travels to the West Coast, games don't start until well after 9 p.m. (9:40 in Arizona, 10:15 in San Francisco tonight and for the next two days), so I even get to hear the pre-game on WFAN while driving home from teaching. though I miss being able to go to the ballpark during road trips, I do love the opportunity to hear and see more full games.

No comments: